Fade out music when dying and switching levels
A small polish feature, so the music fades out when you die like the classic games.
This accomplishes the following:
- Fade out old music when switching levels
- Fade out old music when dying AND
resetmusic on(OR always when the new music is different)
resetmusic onby default
- Add a menu toggle for
Please break this; I would appreciate it. Test cases:
- Single player: Dying with lives
- Single player: Dying and game over (level music should not fade, but continue music should fade out before new map)
- Splitscreen co-op and race (nothing changes, since the music doesn't reset unless you switch levels)
- Splitscreen ringslinger (nothing changes, since the music doesn't reset unless you switch levels)
Headless server (
- Netgame anything???
changed the descriptionToggle commit list
I might nix this one because some of the vanilla tracks sound better with the current (non-MR) timing. With this EXE, the level music begins in the middle of the wipe sequence, not the beginning of it.
Try playing this EXE on GFZ1. The build-up at the beginning of the song sounds a little weirdly timed to the level start, compared to the regular EXE.
closedToggle commit list
Aw, what? I was excited for this when you first showed it off :P
If I can make the fade out happen only when the player dies -- not every time a level is changed -- I'll put it back up.
For every single map change, it didn't sound good to my ear that each song's playback was delayed by a half-second. But for dying, it totally makes sense in context.